Monday, November 21, 2011

Get Funky at the Double

I'm really playing catch-up today!  Not only was I late to blog my DCM card, but Friday  was also my turn to share my project for the latest Get Funky challenge.  I thought I'd make a separate post for each - hence two posts on the same day (and probably none for the rest of the week hehehe

Our hostess this month is Jackie and she announced the new challenge on the Funky 15th November - so it's pretty new and there's a nice long time to go if you fancy having a go at winning yourself a prize - now that would make a lovely little Christmas present for yourself, wouldn't it?
The challenge this week is to share TWO projects:
1. A Christmas project using "Traditional colours" meaning red, green, gold, silver etc not the lilacs or blues etc which are around at the mo
2. A non Christmas card or project using
Christmas papers please.
The DT will all be using the latest CD "Twelve Crafters Crafting" for BOTH our projects.  We're trying to show that this collection is not just stuffed with Christmas themed stuff, but has plenty to offer you for the rest of the year too.
If you've visited my blog recently you'll know that I try to keep my Christmas cards fairly simple so that I can soon see a nice big batch sitting on the windowsil, glitter drying!
So I stuck with that idea for the first part of the challenge and shared a few of the cards I've been making using the "Vintage Christmas" sett from the CD :
I've made a belated birthday card for my non-Christmas card using Christmas papers - I've used EIGHT different papers on this one - so that's proof that there's a lot of designs on this CD that you'll be able to use at any time of the year - this fab colour-way is the "Xmas Presents" set and I absolutely adore these rich, vibrant shades - so expect to see them on some Christmas cards soon too!

We're hoping you'll join in the fun and make those two projects for us this month.  The only rule is that you must use at least one Funky Hand product to qualify - it sounds simple but every month we get several people linking who haven't bothered to read the post - what can you do, eh?
There's always a Funky Freebie you can use just in case you haven't any other Funky Hand stash yet.  Although I've not used it on my projects, the colours are the same as those on my cards and it's a gorgeous paper covered with tiny Christmas trees.

The fabulous Get Funky! challenge blog is HERE
Twelve Crafters Crafting and all other Fantastic Funky Hand products can be found HERE - including the wonderful  brand new Funky Freebie.
So far on the blog you can see my projects along with those from hostess Jackie and the latest post from our Fab Debs, but the rest of us will be along every couple of days over the month with lots of new ideas so it's worth popping by often to see what's new.

Right, time for a coffee and them to get on with adding a few more cards to my Christmas Card box.
Have a great day, thanks for visiting

4 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the crisp look of the Christmas cards and the belated birthday one is fun!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you're so clever! Great Chrissy cards indeed, but have to hand it to you with the christmas-but-not card..great.

Hazel said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards - love the clean elegant look, but with a modern funkyness about them - great DCM card too x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab cards, love the colours and the funky style
Lindsay xx