Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Late Late Late

The new sketch on The Sketch File Blog is up today - it's late, and that's my fault for having such a gross lack of memory cells.  Those I do have are all being used to full capacity atm - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  If you'd like to see some photos of how our building work is progressing, I've started storing them on the "Renovations January 2012" board on my Pinterest site HERE.  There are some "Before" photos as well as some of various stages of the work - I'll try to keep it updated as time goes on.
This is the card I made using the January Sketch.  I've waited ages to share this one as I took the opportunity of using it for a card order way back at the end of November!
Materials:
Burgundy "Stardream" card for base and sentiment mat
Bazzill card in white, plus 2 shades of grey
Burgundy satin ribbon, Grey Card Candy (both Creative Treasures)
Silver double hearts charm, IRock Mirror Accents (Imaginisce)


I'm really happy with the simplicity and versatility of this sketch and I'm sure it's one I'll use often for various projects. 
I hope you will also see some possibilities for using it and will join in with us over on The Sketch File - Keryn, Jackie and Carol are sharing the first of their projects using the sketch today and there will be more coming in the next week or two.

The Funky Hand Blog Hop that took place over the weekend was a great success and a fab way to show off the wonderful new Funky Kraft Stash and SteamFunk download collections. Even though the hop is over and the prize has now been won, it's still worth checking out the blogs of my fabulous funky teamies to see what they've been making - it's a great way to see all the papers and other elements that form the two collections.
Here's the second of my cards using the wonderful StetamFunk papers.  I was inspired to make this after seeing a piece of Steampunk artwork - I think something like this would make a fab Valentines or Wedding Anniversary card,


Materials: 
Papers and letters for sentiment from SteamFunk download by Funky Hand
Cream card blank, Bazzill card for cogs, Black card, Inks and Krylon pens 
Tools:
Heart and all cogs cut with Craft Robo (contact me if you want a copy of the template)
Cuttlebug "Swirls" embossing folder, Inks, 2 sizes of small square punches

I've another SteamFunk card to share in the next couple of days....
I'm gradually starting to catch up with my to-do list, so hoping to be blogging, and blog-hopping more regularly soon!
Thanks for visiting today, hope you like what you see here and will come back again soon!

5 comments:

tracy said...

lovely cards kathy :)

Kaz said...

These are lovely Kathy, that sketch is fab for so many cards! xxx

Loopylou. said...

oh kathy they are both just stunning hun.
Hope the builders are good and busy!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Creative Treasures said...

Fab cards Kathy, love the cogs on the heart, will definitely be using the card sketch.

Tracy
x

Angelnorth said...

Stylish-looking anniversary card and the steamfunk one is fun, love the cogs!