Monday, April 23, 2012

Tagged!

Happy St George's Day to all who have the Good St George as their Patron Saint - that's not just the English, but plenty of other Countries, Cities, Groups etc too:
To quote from Wikipedia:

That lot would make quite a World Party if we all made the effort, wouldn't it? hehe 
 
I'm late again posting my DCM offering - and feeling thoroughly ashamed of myself too as this week it's a special challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers, not only is it Gez's first time setting the challenge, but we have a fab prize to give away too.  We're celebrating the opening of our own Zuzana's lovely new shop - more of that in a minute 
Hi, this week it's Gez here.
I am delighted to be your hostess this week, it's my first time so I am super excited and looking forward to seeing everyone's creations.
Tag You're It!
I would like to see a tag on your cards: large tags, small tags, focal point or embellishment - It's completely up to you how you chose to incorporate a tag into your design.
  
 I thought I'd make some pockets to put my tags in and whilst I was fairly pleased with that element, the rest turned out a bit of a dog's dinner - despite being pulled apart and put back together again for a second attempt.  I think I should have just kept to a plain white background and I may even go for a third try yet!
Hey ho, you can't win them all, can you? 

Zuzana's new online shop is:
link to shop
Zuzana has filled her shop with a wonderful treasury of pretty temptations and it would be wonderful if you'd go and check it out to see what she has to offer.  Joining in with our challenge this week will give you a chance of winning this selection of the unusual buttons and other goodies you can find there
Pop over to our BLOG to find out more about how that little lot could be yours!
Zuzana kindly sent each of the DCM designers a lovely package of goodies to use on this week's cards so it's a great way to see more of them.
On the photo above you can see some of the cotton buttons (the small pink, large white, and small white and pink ones) Zuzana sells - these aren't buttons in the regular sense as they have no holes, but they are soooo pretty, there's also the gorgeous turquoise "flower" and that pretty pink birdy - I added a bit of Stickles to mine.
Apart from the pretties from Tea House Bridge I used:
MME papers: "All Dolled Up" and "Fiddlesticks"
Various punches to make the flower, 
Various flat blooms and wired roses, Seam binding,
Spellbinders Dies

Do visit the Daring Cardmakers' blog to see some wonderful cards and to find out more about this week's challenger
Thanks for looking

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the idea of pockets for the tag elements - hope you'll show us the white background version if you go for it!

Kaz said...

Well I like this card as it is Kathy, but I know we can be critical of our own work. It's a really pretty 'Kathy' card xxx

Karen said...

This does not look like a dogs dinner to me Kathy...its sooo pretty and sooo you!!! I love that the tags are half hidden to, great for a more personal message xxx