Friday, July 13, 2012

Lace and Pearls

A chance to play with some of my favourite things is what Keilly's Daring Cardmakers' challenge gave me this week.

Throw in some ribbon and flowers and some gorgeous new Fancy Pants papers and I'm a happy crafter indeed!
 I'm a bit obsessed with cutting holes in the fronts of my cards and having the embellishments peeping through from the inside,  It's just a phase I'm going through ;)
Making this I found out that Spellbinders dies will happily cut through a 300gsm card blank with one paper layer adhered to it, but add a second layer of paper and it's a whole different story!  Never mind, we got there in the end!
I cut the scalloped circle borders using my Craft Robo

Materials:
Papers: Fancy Pants Country Boutique - mix of 12x12 and 6x6
The White Lace with a sparkly thread woven through, the wired, wide Silky Crush Ribbon  and the pearl bead sprays came from  Creative Treasures
All coiled flowers hand cut from the scraps left over 
after cutting the scalloped borders
Tassels are hand made also from scraps
Pearls are iRock gems from Imaginisce, Gold thread, Diamond Stickles
Tools:
 Spellbinders Circle Nesties, Craft Robo

I love these new Fancy Pants papers so expect to see more of them! I think it's that pretty shade of blue that makes them so appealing.  For some reason powder blue doesn't seem to get featured much, yet it's a gorgeous colour and goes with so many other colours too.
Thank you for calling by my blog, I hope you like what you see and will come again soon.  I hope you'll be joining in with us over on The Daring Cardmakers this week - such a fab challenge to play along with!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

So pretty Kathy.Love the flowers popping through the holes.Hugs Debbie x

Kath said...

A really pretty card, Kathy. Love the colours and the flowers peeping out.

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty Kathy - your obsession with cutting holes and having embellies on the inside is working well!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fantastic card Kathy, I just love the way you've put the pearls on that gorgeous ribbon. Sx