Thursday, September 06, 2012

Late, Late, Late

I'm still playing catch-up after a lovely long weekend spent with family, so here's the first of a series of "Things I should have blogged by now" posts!

Friday was Daring Cardmakers Day and it was our lovely Germany based Belgian teamie Rein who set the challenge - she was very kind and simply asked for a flower-themed card.
I decided to make another "window-box" card - it's a fold I made up myself a few months back (no doubt someone else has made this idea up too, but it's not one I've seen anywhere else).
 It folds (relatively) flat to fit in an envelope for mailing, but then the box section folds out again to make a 3D shape at the lower edge
Here's my card:
 As usual when it comes to using flowers, I got a bit carried away as you can see :)
Materials and Tools:
Papers: Country Boutique from Fancy Pants
Copper coloured pearls, Blue satin ribbon, Wire for "springy" flowers
Die-namics Doily die, Memory Box flower die,  EK Success border punch,
Blue circle cut with Craft Robo

Just under 24 hours left now to join in with us this week - please pop over to the Daring Cardmakers BLOG to see what my wonderful Teamies have created this week

1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

Great catch up blogging! Love this dimensional card in particular, lots of lovely detail to enjoy!