Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Card A Day Kick Off



I've just started a Facebook group called "a Card a Day"  and I'm hoping that lots of fellow-cardmakers will use it as a virtual "prod" to get those cards made - it's an "open" group so anyone can join in, and enlist their friends too. 
 I'm hoping it will encourage us all to use our own blogs more and to visit and leave a message on each others' blogs too - Just a "hello" to say you were there if time is short.  We all need and appreciate knowing we're not just talking to ourselves, don't we?

 Hopefully this will help with all that Christmas card making - and any other cards too so please come along and join us.  If you're not onb FB you can still join in by leaving a comment here - I'll post a link to your blog on the FB page for you

Of cou7rse, a little bit of cheating is allowed - so making a few cards on one day and then sharing one at a time is perfectly acceptable...;) 

Here's my card for today
well 3 - but as they are all pretty much the same I don't think I can get away with one a day for the next few days hehe


Tools and Materials:
Glitter card (Best Creations) - doesn't shed, but is a pain to die-cut as it has a sort of plasticised backing
Tiny gems (Anita's)
red ribbon, silver cord
Memory Box Snowflake border die, various other snowflake dies (cuttlebug) and punches

Thanks for looking

6 comments:

Kath said...

What a brilliant idea....I love your cards, Kathy. Stangely enough I have just got that die out to use myself. :)

Anice said...

Three beautiful cards to get us all started.That die looks really fiddly..I'd rip that straight away!!

I think my first card will be tomorrow now but I do feel a good virtual 'boot' to get crafting and blogging more!
Anice xx

Debbie said...

These are fantastic Kathy - love this die - think I can feel a purchase coming on....... Great idea - a card a day - must try.Hugs Debbie x

Angelnorth said...

That die cut looks lovley but I bet it takes a lot of "poking out" to get it looking as stylish as it does here! Lovely cards!

Hazel said...

Love the new facebook group idea - and what a wonderful start with these super cards - you're really getting into the C cards now x

Jo Austin said...

lovely lovely lovely... got that die too... I love it's simpllicity!