Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wallington Hall

Have you noticed how things go a bit haywire around this time of year? hahaha
That's my excuse for missing a couple of blogging days - stuff just got in the way - stuff like finishing off the gift-shopping, getting the cards written out, getting the trees decorated, trying to make headway with the wrapping... Well, I think the tree is done (always room for a "tweak") and I think I've finished the gift shopping (hope the online stuff arrives in time), but I've not finished putting the other decorations up or finished the card-signing, or anywhere near finished wrapping.  Actually, I've not even finished making those beady presents I set myself to do - I've a feeling the notebooks I planned to do will just stay a "plan"

Anyway, it's Sketch File Update day and I'm sharing the  layout I've done for my mini album- yes it's the same one I've been working on for the last year or so, but I think I'm getting near to the end now.
As an Anniversary present to ourselves we took out  a years' membership of the National Trust in July 2010, so the book will show all the NT properties we visited between then and the end of July 2011.  I don't work quickly, do I?
This is Wallington Hall in Northumberland
 I used
December Sketch File LO - see below
Bazzil card, Bo Bunny papers
Assorted paper flowers for layering
Green leafy braid, Pearls and Gems

December Sketch File Layout
There are som great ideas for using the sketch - for Christmas and other occasions over on the blog, so please pop over to see them - scroll down through the last few posts to see them all.  It would be fab if you'd join in and play along with us.

Right, it's back to a beading project for me now.  I hope to goodness that you are better organised than I am, because this is n o fun - but it happens every year, despite my annual promise to myself to do better! :o  hey ho

5 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oh thats just gorgeous Kathy.I love the way you did the flowery border of yumminess.
My mind is definitely missing at the moment, can't seem to get myself in any routine whatsoever!!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Kathy and it'll be worth the time it's taken in the end! I know you two really took advantage of that present so it'll be a fab keepsake xxx

Jo Austin said...

luvverly!!!!

Gez Butterworth said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love your background paper with the acorns..xx

Hazel said...

Great way to incorporate a photo, Kathy x