Friday, April 19, 2013

It's Child's Play!

Ok, so I was a bit sneaky, and knowing that this challenge was coming up I kept the card I made for my cousin's young son to myself till now before sharing it on here. Naughty huh?
It's Sharon's challenge this week and it's all about children - little ones through to the teens who think they aren't "children" any more!

Child's Play
I'd like to see cards for little people - it can be for a new arrival, 
young child, or even a sulky teenager!
I went for a pirate theme
Lots and lots of Craft Robo cutting for this card; the pirate ship is a template I made a couple of years back and has had quite a bit of use.  New templates made for this card are the waves, the trees on the island and a new version of the skull and crossbones.  The various letter are also Robo cut, with the "Pirate Sam" ones being "dipped in blood" before adhering to the flag.

The papers are (I think) from MME - the wave ones are from the Lime Twist paper pads
I've used mainly Bazzill card for the cut out pieces
Lots of Ink and some White Gel Ink plus Ice Stickles on the edges of the waves

 As I already had my card made for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge I spent my crafting time this week getting organised and getting down to ticking off lots of the other things on my crafty to-do list..................................OK, I lie :), all I actually did this week was make one card then spend the rest of it shuffling paper and be totally undecided about what to use and what to make.
Must try harder....

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll head over to the DCM BLOG to check out some wonderful inspiration for children's cards
Please come back soon...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! The 3-D effect is wonderful! I'm almost sea sick and can almost visualize the ship bouncing on the waves. Wonderful job!

~Shawnie B.
www.CardsByShawnie.com

Andrea W said...

Very cool! I love your use of patterned paper and that ship is fantastic.

Adele said...

Oh my, what a fab, fun card. I love it. xx

Hazel said...

Yo ho ho! A lovely pirate card, Kathy x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I adore this card, and I just love the way you've included his name. You are unbelievably clever with that Robo!!

Kath said...

Oooh fab card, Kathy. Great boat and splendid sea too, You are clever with your Robo.