Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2 Birds....

Okay, so saying this may be a little controversial, but it drives me nuts when people say "I'm entering this project for the following 101 challenges...."  
Now, combining 2 or 3 or maybe up to 4 when the challenge calls for a particular sort of technique or embellishment is absolutely fine but any more than that just means someone has made a card, perhaps with a couple of challenges in mind and then scanned through challenge list blogs for all those their card could, however dubiously qualify for.  What is the point?  

Well, today I'm sharing something which works for The Sketch File blog and is also a Design Team project for Crafty Templates.  So I hope that doesn't me sound like a hypocrite!!

you can put together in any way you fancy.
I used the "Flower Garland" template from Crafty Templates  as it worked so beautifully with May's "Cascading Circles" LO from The Sketch File    


I've used Kraft card, some black Bazzill and a strip of patterned paper cut from one of the 12x12 sheets in the last Quirky Kit box.  The squiggly design was the perfect corner piece for this card. 
 There's more info over on the Quirky Kits Ideas Blog

 Materials and Tools
Crafty Template used; Flower Garland (March 2013)
Papers from the Quirky Kit, plus a couple of additional sheets from some MME 8x8 pads
"HELLO" cut from a tag in a previous Kit
Black organza ribbon, black Prima gems from my stash
Flower centres made with one of the pieces from the Memory BoxCherry Blossom die set
Quilling Ball Tool used to create shape for the flowers
LO idea from The Sketch File


This is the LO from The Sketch File I used - click on the link to see the DT's projects so far this month
Today I've been making yet another of the May "boy" birthday cards - I'm so fed uyp of footballs that this one has a Rock Star theme for a change.  I know I've not actually got round to sharing most of them, but I will soon!  When I get one of those elusive, and much sought after Round Tuits

Thanks for popping by today
See you again soon


3 comments:

Kate said...

Great card Kathy , love those flowers. Are you sure you didn't want to find a few flower themed challenges to enter it in? ;)

~Kate~

Hazel said...

Utterly gorgeous! (And I'm one that's guilty as charged!) x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely Kathy and quite different from your "norm". I'm with you on challenges - I can see how you might combine something like three (say a colour challenge, a sketch and a theme) and genuinely be making something new that's inspired by those challenges but otherwise...