Friday, May 24, 2013

Tree-mendous


 This is my card for our lovely Zuzana's theme over on The Daring Cardmakers blog this week:
Zuz says:
As we learned at school trees are essential to life. 
They come in all variety of shapes and sizes and they look so interesting 
throughout the year. So
Let's Plant a Tree! 
I would like to see trees on your cards. It's completely up to you what kind of technique, colours and 
material you will use. Can't wait to see your creations!
I love to see the blossom on the trees - it really lets you know that Spring is here.  Mind you, no-one seems to have told the Weather-Maker yet as it's been damp, chilly and miserable for the last couple of weeks!
I've used |Pink and Cream Card Candy to make the tiny blossoms on my tree.  Some is just used "upside down" and some I've turned inside out and used a quilling ball tool to make a more random, fluted shape.
Materials and Tools
Background: 2 x blue Distress Inks used directly onto the card blank, then the card was run through the printer to add the sentiment
Pale Green card, Deeper green card with embedded glitter, Brown card
Pink and Cream Card Candy. Yellow beads
Craft Robo to cut the tree
Memory Box Contempo Circle Die
Nesties labels 9
Medium headed Ball tool

I'd wanted to use a Memory Box tree die, but it looked a bit small for the card so I found a similar image on Google Images and converted that to cut on the Craft Robo

For the green background I used a couple of the Contempo die cuts, lined up and glued to the darker green card, then cut out with the Nesties die - another for the list of "Ways to use this die"!
I did have another card in mind - a bit of a painty experiment - but it went all to pot so you won't be seeing that one!
Might have to have another go one day though....
I hope you'll join in with us this week, it's such a lovely theme to work with - check out the cards the rest of our fab Design Team have made HERE
Thanks for visiting, please leave a message....



3 comments:

Hazel said...

It is indeed blooming wonderful! x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Wow I just love the way you've created that blossom - what a fantastic idea!

Traceyr said...

wow Kathy that tree is treemendous (sorry) but it is great and I love how you have made the blossom.

:)