Friday, May 02, 2014

May Colours

Miri has chosen the palette for this month's colour combo challenge over on The Daring Cardmakers and there's a gorgeous inspiration photo to go with it

Here's my card:
I've used;
Papers from the current Crafty Templates/Quirky Kit
Embossing folder from Crafters Companion
Coredinations card for the flowers, which I cut on the Silhouette cameo
Leaves are cut with a Spellbinders die
Ribbons, trims, lace and inks from my stash

This is Miri's inspiration photo:

The DCM blog looks stunning this week - please pop over and see what everyone has made using these gorgeous colours, and it would be fab if you'd join in with us this week

Thanks for looking


11 comments:

Jo said...

This is just amazing, Kathy- the embossing is beautiful and I love all the flowery goodness :D

j x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kathy and I love the colours...x

Tina Theis of Ivory Moon Designs said...

Ooooooooh Kathy this is beautiful ..... I adore it and the colours are so warm and inviting .... Gorgeous
Tina xxx

Tina Theis of Ivory Moon Designs said...

Ooooooooh Kathy this is beautiful ..... I adore it and the colours are so warm and inviting .... Gorgeous
Tina xxx

Angelnorth said...

An embossing folder made just for you - perfect beach huts! Lovely use of the colours, looks fab Kathy!

Hazel said...

Fabulous card, Kathy - love the embossed beach huts (I have that folder, but haven't used it yet - you might have just inspired me to get it out) - good thoughts of summer coming x

Paula Whittaker said...

love the look of this card - fab creation!

Julia Dunnit said...

Took my breath away with this...I find the colour challenges particularly hard!

Miri said...

Ohhhh, the beauch huts are great! I think you captured the colours and the beach/vacation mood very well.

Traceyr said...

They are gorgeous colours to work with Kathy and I do love that bunting. The beach huts are fab too.

Happy Bank Holiday. :)

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I really love this card. The layout is fantastic, and I just love all the little elements you've incorporated, and the colours together just look great.