Friday, July 11, 2014

On the Road

Someone once gave me the Jack Kerouac book "On the Road" and said "You should read this!.  I don't think I got past the first couple of pages.....
Despite being the sort who likes her "home comforts", I also love to travel and over the years I've been lucky enough to visit lots of wonderful places.  I used to even enjoy the whole "airport" experience - but now that is the part I hate most, it's thoroughly unpleasant and just reinforces my desire for a teleporter!
This week's theme on the Daring Cardmakers is set by our Inking Diva, Svenja and is all about Travel - just in case you hadn't guessed from the waffle, and it being Friday


It’s Svenja here and I’m asking you to look a little further this week as my challenge for you today is (come, sing with me):
"We are going on a summer holiday....."
It’s easy: Make a travel themed card, dream of faraway places, relax and enjoy!

I was all set to make s card with suitcases on it - until I realised why the idea had come so quickly - I'd already done that for a "Suitcase" themed challenge a year or two back...
So I thought I'd resurrect a camper van template which was  one of a summery set of Leo's fab Crafty Templates a while back to make a shaped card.

 Materials and Tools
Camper Van template from Crafty Templates
All papers  from "Come What May" by Funky Hand from the
SU flower punch, plain small circle punch
Inks, Glossy Accents, Pearls

I inked the base card behind the window apertures, then once it was all assembled added Glossy Accents to look like glass.
I cut some of the tiny flowers from scraps of the flowery paper to add some interest to the sides of the van and added flat-backed pearls to their centres

It took so long to think what to do that I ran out of time a bit - I was going to add some suitcases on a roof rack and maybe a few other holiday-related things on the grass in front of the camper van.  Ah well maybe that would be taking things a bit too far anyway.

Thats my lot for today,  I forgot to blog my first card for the July Sketch File LO earlier in the week, so I'll do that over the weekend.
Head over to the Daring Cardmakers Blog to see what the rest of the team have made for Svenja's challenge this week
Thanks for popping in today 

4 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Very jolly, looks like a fun holiday will be had by all!

Miri said...

A camper van in such bright colours is perfect for a summer holiday card!

Svenja said...

I totally love that summer-feeling of your card. And all the little details - cutting the grass (haha - double entendre) alone must have taken you ages!

Karen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kathy!!!!!! Can I buy it ? x