Monday, September 15, 2014

City Boy Pinstripes

A couple of weeks ago I made a gift bag to share on the Get Funky and Craft blog using fabulous Funky Hand stash and a wonderful Xcut die.  At the time I said I thought the Winter Wedding papers would work really well to make a more masculine gift bag.
When my nephew's birhday came along I finally got round to trying out the theory - as he's just started working in the City, the pinstripe paper was perfect!



I was quite pleased with the closure for this; I used one of the "waste"pieces left from cutting the inside of the handle - by adhering one end to the back of the bag and punching matching holes in the other end and in the front of the bag a small piece of ribbon or twine can be threaded through to seal the gift bag
The "gift" sentiment piece is made in Paint Shop Pro simply by using the pre-set shapes tool to draw two rectangles filled in (paint can) with colours similar to those on the papers, and then adding the text on top.  I just needed to crop down and resize before printing.  And save to files for future use, of course

The tag comes as part of the Xcut set, I cut it twice in more of the Winter Wedding papers and added a little tab and a chipboard letter to finish it off

To make everything nicely coordinated I printed the spotty design on plain paper to use as gift wrap
Materials and Tools

"Winter Wedding" download from  Funky Hand
White card for printing
Gift Bag and tag; A4 die from Xcut 
Narrow navy blue ribbon, Silver elastic cord
2 gunmetal pearls, Chipboard letter 
Paper for printing gift wrap
Silver crochet thread to tie around

 This is the original feminine version of the gift bag that was on the Get Funky and Craft blog

The finished bag is 12cm wide. 18cm high and  7cm deep - so plenty of room for little gifts in there!

That's all for this time, thanks for visiting

No comments: