Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Speedy Gonzalez

Hi, it's my turn to post on the Get Funky and Craft Inspiration blog today  and it would be great if you'd pop over there to see (and leave comments on )  the fab projects made by the DT using Funky Hand goodies.

What with trying to get loads of stuff done before we went on holiday, and now dealing with the aftermath of said holiday its been a busy old time with crafting time in short supply.  So, just before we went away I thought I'd have a go at something I have never, ever found easy - 10 minute cards!

I didn't need to count printing time in my 10 minutes because as luck would have it I had some leftover bits of these Winter Wedding papers from Funky Hand lying on my desk - the only printing I needed to do was an extra A5 piece of the dark blue pinstripe  as I didn't have a piece big enough to make the background square
How easy is this card then?  I think these papers work so well for a geometric layout like this.
A big square, a smaller square and a little one to fix the monogram to.
The banner is just a rectangle with the points hand-cut, and the "brads" were made just with a small circle punch and shaped with an embossing ball tool.
The monogram is a chipboard sticker so no work there either.

I still had a few scraps so I thought I'd have another go

The 2 layers for the banner are made the same way as above.
The circle is a Spellbinders Nestie die
 I had a spare printed "Happy Birthday" sentiment left over from something else because I'd printed two in different fonts as I wasn't sure which I liked best for that project
 I'll admit that deciding to make a little rosette pushed this over the 10 minutes, but not by much.  It's just a strip of paper, scored using my scoring board, folded up quickly and glued onto a punched circle of card. 
 It didn't take long. 
The centre of the rosette is another punched circle (a bit larger than the ones on the first card), shaped with a ball tool again and glued in place
Probably took 15 minutes max to make this one
The reason I had the leftovers sitting on my desk was this little "ensemble" I shared here a couple of weeks ago
That's it for this time, thanks for visiting - please don't go without leaving a message, I'd love to hear from you ;)

1 comment:

Kath said...

Super cards, Kathy. Love the second one particularly even if it did take a few minutes extra.