Friday, October 03, 2014

October Colour Combo

Gez has chosen the palette for our October Colour Combo challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers this week and lovely colours they are too.
I always find it a struggle to get back into crafting after a break, so I wasted quite a bit of time in paper-shuffling and ink dabbling this week before coming up with my card
I spent ages looking through papers for dolour matches, and then went mainly with plain card in the end.  I did use the RGB codes to print a piece of white Bazzill in the palest of the aqua shades and also the lemon colour as I couldn't find anything among my stash.

 Tools and Materials
Bazzill card, Coredinations card
Scrap of printed aqua card
2-tone organza ribbon
Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder
Spellbinders leaf Swirl die
SU flower punch
Small circle punch
Printed sentiment

Here's the colour inspiration photo Gez gave us:

I was trying to achieve something like a gardenia for the flower, but I think I need a bit more practise - or maybe patience to let the crumpled petals dry naturally.  I'm not good at patience though....

As always the Daring Cardmakers Team have gorgeous things to share with you on the blog, so please take a minute to check them out

Thanks for looking

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely colour combo and your layering is fab as always!

Lythan said...

What a clever idea to let the printer do all the hard work. Fabulous card as ever

Gez Butterworth said...

STUNNING card Kathy. Well worth all that shuffling ♥♥