Friday, March 20, 2015

Swings and Roundabouts

It's my turn this week to set the challenge for the Daring Cardmakers and as I love adding a moving element to my cards, I thought this would make an interesting challenge for everyone
Swings and Roundabouts
I'd like to see a "swinging", "twirling" or "rocking"element on your card this week.....and, if you can also add a circle (for the "roundabout in the title), then you can give yourself a pat on the back for being a real Smartypants!

I ended up making a couple of cards, the first of which was the one I sent to my Aunt and Uncle for their Golden Wedding Anniversary last week, and has various hearts suspended in larger heart-shaped apertures, plus heart charms dangling in the top corner and a little "50" charm threaded through a tiny hole on the sentiment panel


Materials and Tools:
Large white card blank plus extra of the same card
Gold card
Black and Gold  Glitter card
Papers: MME "Charmed" metallic, from the "Record It" series 
Gold crochet thread, Gold metallic thread
Gold Ribbons, Brass Heart and "50"charms
MFT Nested Hearts die set
Tiny heart punch
Avery Elle "Love" die

As I didn't get a circle into that one, I thought I's see if I could combine circles, things on a thread AND a rocker into one card.
Some time back  DoCrafts sent me a wonderful set of large circle dies to use on one of the challenges they were sponsoring - honestly, I have used this die set SOooooooo much (Thank you again to DoCrafts for their generosity)
I started by covering enough of a sheet of white card with green spotty paper to cut a large circle, once cut, it was folded in half to make the rocking base.
Next I cut another piece of the green, plus a piece of some yellow paper and glued them to another piece of white card, butted up close together.  I taped the same size circle die over this piece of card so that the join in the papers was along the centre.  Now I taped the next size down circle die inside the first one so that when I put it through the machine  the ring shape was created.
The green part of the ring was glued to the rocker base to leave the yellow area standing up and a semi-circular aperture where the washing line would be suspended




Materials and Tools:
White card (330gsm)
Papers:  "Fine and Dandy" Echo Park (12x12)
Brown card for flagpole and pegs
Dies: Large circle die set DoCrafts/Xcut
QuicKutz  for baby clothes (a very long time since they've been out of the box!)
Twine for washing line
Homemade decal sentiment

Thats it for this time, but I hope you'll pop over to the BLOG to see how the team took up this challenge - the cards are just fantastic this week!
Thanks for looking

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Stylish golden wedding card and the little washing line on the baby rocker is so cute!

Oblibby said...

Loving these, especially the baby one.

Miri said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. I especially love the baby card with the cheerful and bright colours and the ability to rock =)