Friday, April 03, 2015

April Elemental

This is my card for this week's  "Elemental Inspiration" challenge  over  on the Daring Cardmakers blog

On the first Friday of the month we take turns to choose a picture we think has enough "elements" in it to choose at least three to use on our cards.  It might be the colour scheme, the layout, patterns,  or the items in the picture - once you start looking closely there's usually quite a lot to choose from.  Zuzana chose this gorgeous photo for our April "Elemental Inspiration" picture:

 We made a sketch of the layout for this picture to help anyone wanting to use that as one of the elements

We have the lovely Enfys Cashmore joining us as our Guest Designer for April - this is the second time En has played along with us and it's fab to see her gorgeous cards on our blog again

I can't say I'm particularly happy with my card, but this was version 3 and in the end you just have to give up and realise that what's in your head isn't going to be on happening on paper! 
I used a twisted version of the LO, the colours. the big daisy. the polka dot pattern and the scalloped lace edge on the cup to make my card....which is more than 3 but I was never much good at maths ;)
Materials and Tools:
White square card blank, plus more for inked background
Bazzill; Black, 2x greens, White
Scrap of spotty green paper
White paper for "lace" and cutting the flower
Ribbon x2, pearls, dewdrops, tiny yellow beads
Distress Inks, Cats Eye Chalk Inks
Petite Dots embossing folder (Crafters Companion)  Blossom punch. (SU)
Leafy Swirl and scalloped circle dies  (Spellbinders)

I'll be back tomorrow with a little Easter treat made for Funky Hand so I hope you'll come and see

Thanks for visiting today

2 comments:

Lythan said...

May Arts sheer polka dot ribbon. One of my first craft loves and I still have a soft spot for it. Best of all - you have used it on a really lovely card

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty Kathy, that daisy turned out beautifully!