Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Gold, White and Royal Blue

My aunt asked me to make a card for her to give to my Uncle when they celebrated  their Golden Wedding Anniversary recently.  50 years of marriage - how fab is that?

I really wanted to make something that he would like - he's definitely not a man who likes  fussy things so keeping it simple and stylish was the order of the day - but I didn't expect it to be so hard to keep to that toned-down plan!  It was on the fourth attempt that I finally got something I was happy with - which is a record, even for me!
The first attempts just looked too "girly" and even when I'd got a LO I liked, somehow just using the simple white and gold palette still just didn't work.  Time was running short when one of those "middle of the night" ideas struck, and next morning I rearranged the layers, adding in some gorgeous, rich Royal Blue to the mi.  phew!
Materials and Tools
White card for  a large rectangular card base, plus extra for white layer and printed sentiment
Gold card decorated with a border punch from Martha Stewart
Royal Blue Bazzill card embossed with A4 "Dotted Chevrons" folder (Theresa Collins)
Sentiment is printed then cut using one of the Nested Hearts dies bfy MFT-Die'Namics
Gold heart mat is cut on the Silhouette Cameo
Tiny punched  hearts are shaped using a ball tool
Gold ribbon, heart-shaped pearl

Thanks for popping by, please leave a comment
Back soon with more crafty catch ups!

2 comments:

Kaz said...

This is beautiful Kathy, very stylish xxx

Angelnorth said...

Glad you got there eventually, it's amazing how much difference a simple colour change can make sometimes, isn't it? You ended up with a very stylish card, looks great!