Friday, April 24, 2015

Under the Weather

It's Friday again, which means Daring Cardmakers day and this week's challenge  is called:

Under the Weather

"It seems that everyone we know is either feeling really poorly, or is just getting over some nasty bug or other.  So we thought we'd have a challenge all about "Get Well Soon" cards....and what with it still being April, the month famed for it's rain showers (though here in the UK it's been pretty much "sunshine all the way" this year) we'd like you to add a 
weather-related twist to your cards.

To put it simply, we'd like to see Weather Related Get Well Soon cards"
The elements for my card were pretty much all made using my Silhouette Cameo.  The little girl with the umbrella is one I made a few years back using a colouring page for the template.  I've used it a few times now as it's so cute and it's simple to make adjustments or add extras to - such as the jar, rainbow and sun I added this time, and the raindrops falling in the background.
I cut out all the pieces then made the 3 main parts (girl, sun, rainbow) so that I could lay them on a sheet of card and work out how much space I had to use for the sentiment.  This was created in Paint Shop Pro and resized to fit the space.  Next I set the document to print in the lower left-hand corner of a sheet of A4 card and cut it down to size.  I'd planned to print directly onto the actual card blank but decided a bit of a coloured border would look better.

Materials and Tools
Various coloured card (Bazzill, Coredinations)
Patterned papers* are "Marching On" from the "Craft the Year Away" CD 
(Funky Hand)
PC generated sentiment
Coloured pens for the colours in the jar
Own templates for cutting on Silhouette Cameo 
Inks
* I resized 3 of the designs to a very petite size to make them work for the raincoat, umbrella and boots - which is just one of the great benefits of using digital papers!
Here are another couple of cards made with that template











Anyway, that's it for this time, thank you so much for visiting - and for leaving a comment.....{{hint, hint}}!  

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the rainbow bursting out of the jar and she is, indeed, super-cute!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous bright and happy cards, just what you need when you feel under the weather! Xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous bright cheerful card it would certainly cheer me up if I was feeling under the weather. Hugs Jackie