Friday, July 15, 2016

Fancy a Slice?

Good Morning from sunny (at the moment) Hertfordshire!  I'm going to type quiclkly just in case it changes hahaha
As usual Friday is Daring Cardmakers Day, and this week it's our lovely Sharon who's chosen the theme

This week I'm kind of continuing with the summer theme as my dare is
Strawberries and Cream.
Since we've just had Wimbledon and it's most definitely the time for strawberries in the UK, I'd like you to either feature strawberries on your card, or just take inspiration from a strawberry and cream colour scheme.

The Design Team have some great ideas to share with you over on the Blog

I don't like Strawberries....is that a bit weird? 
Anyway, I went down the shaped card route again and made a cake!  I'm really irritated now though, as I feel I should have made the plate section more of a flat base for the cake part - it would have looked better.  I guess I could still do that; make a new "plate" part and attach it in some way so the cake sits on it more realistically.  Although, maybe then the curved base of the cake would look odd - just ignore me, I'm thinking out loud!


I made a template, then a Silhouette Cameo cutting file for all the different coloured bits. I "Built" the cake then attached it to a card blank which had been cut and folded to fit 
The small strawberries around the edge of the plate are made with my tiny heart and star punches - these were part of a really cheap set bought in Tesco and honestly, I use them so much more often than the more 
expensive ones I have!  
The little flowers are die cut with a couple of the smaller sizes in the Cherry Blossom set (Spellbinders).  The flower centres are cut with the berries from either a mistletoe or holly set of dies!
To add a bit of bling I swirled some Glossy Accents over the 'icing' and while it was still wet added Glamour Dust Glitter
The seeds on the strawberries are gold ones from a couple of sizes of Gem Wheel (Anitas's).  I think it's a bit of a strange colour, not really a nice gold at all, but they were perfect for this job!

 It would be great if you'd join in with us this week - to give you some inspiration, THIS is the direct link to the Strawberries and Cream post, with all the luscious ideas from our fab Designers - just don't expect to come away without feeling peckish! 

Thanks for looking, I hope you'll leave a message before you go....

10 comments:

Angelnorth said...

A very tasty-looking creation - the little heart and star strawberries are very creative and super-cute!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this looks very delicious Kathy I want a piece, Hmmmmmm

Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is stunning it is making me feel very hungry. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

That cake looks good enough to eat! Very well designed Kathy. Punches are great for strawberries aren't they? Shabneez xxx

Laine said...

Delicious layers, looks yummy Kathy!
xx

Janet Packer said...

A delicious looking cake and card Kathy - yum!

Dawn said...

Hi Kathy,
Sorry I haven't been around much, I just don't seem to have time at the moment!
I totally adore this & how clever are you, I would never have thought about creating strawberries with those punches!!!
I think the cake looks great on the "plate"!
Big Hugs
Dawn xx

Brawny x said...

Great design Kathy x

Sylvia said...

Great interpretation of the theme, looks good enough to eat. A fabulous card.

Sylv xx

Kate M said...

Absolutely good enough to eat - yummy!!
xx