Friday, January 06, 2017

It's Been a While!

Hello Again!
First things first, so I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year.  
I hope 2017 is good to you.

I always struggle to get back into making stuff after Christmas - somehow its quite a challenge just to get out of the Christmassy mind-set and make other things.  It's not that I want to make any more Christmas cards, just that the glitter card, Christmas colours and motifs have filled my head for so long - I definitely want a change, but seem to have forgotten how to make anything else!
Anyway when I first saw Sharon's choice of Inspiration photo for the first Daring Cardmakers' challenge of the year, gorgeous though it is, I did think; 
"Really? More pine cones and pine twigs?  Noooooo!"! 
But a closer look at the photo revealed much more in the way of inspiration, and checking out what the team made confirmed there was plenty of opportunity to get away from Christmas, and even Winter if that's what you want
In the end I chose the candles, the word in large capitals and the wood-grain background, and you can see what the other DT members used over on our BLOG.

Info
Smooth white square card blank
All patterned papers: MME "On Trend" 6x6 pad
Gold card and a multi-sized petal punch used to make the candle flames, which were then coated with Stickles glitter glue
Candles made by tightly rolling pieces of patterned paper
'HAPPY' die by Memory Box, 3 layers of Kraft card glued together and finished with the green paper layer on top
'Birthday' is by Creative Dies.  The peachy paper was glued to a single layer of
Kraft card before cutting

Hopefully now I've tidied my desk of all things Christmas, and actually managed to make a card, my mojo will return and I can have some fun with the lovely new stash that I discovered under our Christmas tree ;)

That's all for this time though, except to say I hope you'll leave a comment before you leave :)
Have a great weekend


 

9 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love the design. Happy New Year to you and your family. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Angelnorth said...

Your rolly candles always look fab and this is no exception - love the glittery flames!

Karen said...

I really love this Kathy x

Unknown said...

Lovely to have you back Kathy. Your card is stunning. I love the design and the colours you have used. Cathy x

Janet Packer said...

I love this design. I have some super bright drinking straws which I might use to make something similar. Thanks for the inspiration x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely birthday card

Miri said...

Your card is great! The candles and the bold colours make it such lively and happy card.
(and it's great for a male birthday too!)

Dawn said...

Love the rolled paper candles and I love the papers you have used. They look great against the wood grain.