Friday, July 07, 2017

Citrus Sorbet

Morning Friends!

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine and not feeling too 'hot and bothered'!  If only we got the heat without the humidity, eh?  My lovely Dyson fan goes walkabout all around the house with me when the weather is like this, and its especially welcome when I'm in the study and at my craft desk; I always manage ti be working hunched up in a tiny space and wondering why I'm feeling so hot!

Over the last couple of days I've had a lovely time making something for The Daring Cardmakers' July Inspiration challenge, and I even managed to steer myself away for the gorgeous colour palette this time.


 I hadn't really decided what colours to use until the new "Fruit Cocktail" set of Versamagic Dew Drop Inks that were sitting on my desk caught my eye.  What a perfect confection of Summer shades!  

Anyway, here's our July Inspiration piece, which was chosen this time by Dawn.


From this pretty mood board I chose to use candles, flowers (of course!) and a sprinkling of little stars. Here's my card



 Info
I started by inking a few pieces of card to cut the shapes for the background
These layers were cut using Nestabilities Label 56 (Renaissance Jubilee by Stacey Caron for Spellbinders)
I stamped the sentiment on white card, and made a frame using two of the above die set.  The sentiment is from Special Birthday Sentiments Stamp set
(also
Spellbinders)

I used the inks to created a striped piece of card, then cut into pieces and rolled to make the little candles.  I hand cut the flame shapes and added some glitter glue swirls to them.
Now came the fun of making all the flowers.  More inked pieces of card and lots of different dies and punches were used for this bit and I'm not going to list them all!

To finish I cut various leaves to tuck behind the flowers and fill out and help highlight the flowers. 
Various pucnes were used to make the gold stars, some from glitter card, others from plain gold card
Some pearls and gems were used to finish off the flowers

I had such a lovely time making this!  There is nothing quite like spending a while making little flowers.  The photo above shows the sort of mess I can make when I get the 'flower-making bits' out!


I do hope you'll pop over to the DCM BLOG to see what the others have made - it all looks soooo pretty!  We would love you to join in with us too

That's all for this time, thank you so much for popping by

 

15 comments:

Enfys said...

So very pretty Kathy xx

Katie said...

Fantastic card and colour combo

Dawn said...

Oh Kathy the flowers you made are just amazing. Fabulous work and just so very pretty. x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card it is just so pretty the colours and the flowers are beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a very beautiful and sunny card Kathy
Gr Karin

Andree said...

Such a pretty card Kathy and wonderful, fresh colours. A fabulous design and lovely floral arrangement xx

Laine said...

Stunning and detailed Kathy. Looks like loads of fun to make.
Laine
xx

Sylvia said...

Love the zesty summer shades used in your beautiful card, the flowers are amazing.

Sylv xx

Angelnorth said...

Lovely explosion of flowers and fresh colours here Kathy, beautiful!

Brawny x said...

Lovely colours. Fab design x

Kate M said...

Love those beautiful zingy summer colours - fabulous. Your flowers are fantastic!!
Great design. Stunning card!!
xx

Paper and Stuff said...

This is stunning Kathy - absolutely beautiful flowers. I adore the colours you've used and it makes me very happy to look at your card. x

Unknown said...

Stunning card Kathy, I love the layering of those colours using the label dies. I am constantly moaning about thd heat at the moment, I'm just not built for it, but I love the sunshine! Cathy x

Shabneez said...

Love those colours - so summery and fresh Kathy xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

I love this bright color combination, gorgeous set of colors