Saturday, December 23, 2017

Flower Top Box Ornament - Spellblogging for Spellbinders

Hello!
I'm here with another Spellbloggers post today
I had a bit of fun with Marisa Job's Flower Top Box
  this week - in fact I used two of them joined together to try out an idea I'd had for acute hanging decoration.
This is very much a prototype and there are things I'll tweak when I make it again, but I thought I'd share the idea anyway.


 Spellbinders

These boxes are hexagonal in shape, with sweet little petal shapes at the top which you can gather in with ribbon or twine to close up the box.
I made two boxes and joineg them together, adding thread right though the middle, and a couple of jingly bells (one is inside the lower box)
I added a hanging decoration using the second bell, some beads and a ready made tassel to the bottom, concealed where the boxes joined with some pretty rather opulent trim and some red ribbon, then added a couple of ribbon bows to either end, and a hanging loop of narrow gold lurex ribbon to the top
The patterned card, Braid, Ribbon etc are all from my stash

Here is the link for the Spellbinders die used for this project:

Flower Top Box  Celebrate the Day by Marisa Job
 Shapeabilities Etched Dies (Spellbinders)


I also used:
Here's a photo of the three boxes I made using this die for an earlier post

Thanks for visiting, now head over to the Spellbinders store and get you mitts on this one ;)  You know you need it.....

Wishing you all a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy Crafty 2018

1 comment: