Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Hugs & Kisses" 3 & Another Kiddie One

I made this card for Em's birthday using the Bubbly Funk July kit

I love doing hand-cut scalloped edges on stripey paper, I like the informal look you get. I inked a bit of colour onto the little price tag, wrote the greeting with a gel pen and added some hand cut mini mosaic tiles.

I even managed to get the turquoise paper the right way up this time!

This next card is the second of the four kid's cards I've been asked to make.
The rocket was cut with Mr Robo. I've used my rocket template a few times now so it was worth the effort of making it. It's great that you can resize your templates to cut whatever size you need. I cut a regular c5 card down to 14cms wide and then cut the rocket so that I could have it shooting off the top of the card so that I could use a 15cm square envelope to put the whole thing in .
When I make a new CR template I always make a base piece which I can then stick all the other pieces onto. This time I've cut the base in silver mirror card so that it shows through the window and the highlight bits.
I was going to add some "planets" but decided it didn't really need any more stuff on there.

Thanks for looking - I'll add the other kids' cards next time

8 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Fantastic cards! I would have never thought to handcut the striped paper! The rocket card is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Love the rocket card Kathy and so will Sam.

Traceyr :)

Anonymous said...

They're fantastic. I love the scalloped on stripy too - really effective.

I love the rocket card too, mr robo is a great invenion! I don't use mine enough! :)

Vanessa.

Ania - "Z Papieru Tworzone" said...

Kathy this is amazing cards! Wonderful!

Marlou McAlees said...

I just love the birdie card Kathy!!! its adorable, the rocket card is cool too :) x

carolann said...

Wow what a absolutely stunning cards hun well done xxxx

artfulstampin said...

Loving those scallops!!!

SueF said...

Lovely cards Kathy the bird is so cute and Sam's going to love the rocket card